The Student Sectioning Dashboard screen displays information about student requests/enrollments that have been loaded into the batch sectioning solver. There are numerous filtering capabilities on this page.
- Hold your mouse over the text field for two seconds to see possible
filtering parameters and their required format, same as described below
- Filter course enrollments or wait-listed course requests by any word from the course name or title. You can also use the following tags
- area: academic area abbreviation
- classification: academic classification code
- consent: offering consent
- course: course offering name
- department: course controlling department code or abbreviation
- group: student group abbreviation
- major: academic major code
- reserved: enrollments with a reservation
- student: student name or external id
- subject: subject area abbreviation
- waitlist: wait-listed course requests
- status: student scheduling status
- Note that when you enter a tag, a drop down list of options for that tag will be displayed - especially when you start typing
- Use or, and, not, and brackets to build a boolean query.
- Example: subject:AAE and (waitlist:true or consent:waiting)
- Click Search to apply the filter
The table has two tabs on top - Enrollments and Students. A different table is displayed for each of them. Keep in mind that the table reflects the restrictions entered in the Filter.
The top line of the column headers refers to courses, the bottom line to classes.
- A column with clickable plus signs that enable unfolding of a course into lines with individual classes
- Subject / Type
- Subject area on the line with a course
- Instructional Type on the line with a class
- Course / External Id
- Course number on the line with a course
- External Id or the section number of a class on the line with a class
- Title / Time
- Course title on the line with a course
- Assigned time of a class
- Dates during which the class is taught
- Consent / Room
- Type of required consent for a course (if empty, no consent is required)
- Room where a class is taught
- Total number of available seats / total number of seats
- Total number of projected students for the course or class
- Number of students enrolled into the course or class (filtered by filtering criteria)
- Number of students who have been wait-listed for the course or class (filtered by filtering criteria)
- Number of students enrolled into the course or class via a reservation (filtered by filtering criteria)
- Need Consent
- Number of students who need consent to be able to take the course (filtered by filtering criteria)
The table can be sorted by any table header - just click on it, then on the "Sort by" option that opens.
Click on any line to get to the Enrollments pop-up window with a list of enrolled students for a given course or class.
The table of students lists students that meet the criteria of the Filter (e.g., all students who take a course from a given subject area, or all students of a given major, etc.).
- Student group to which the student belongs
- Sectioning status of the student (if there is nothing in that column, the student can be sectioned)
- Number of courses into which the student is enrolled
- Number of courses for which the student is on a wait list
- Number of courses into which the student has been enrolled via a reservation
- Number of courses into which the student is enrolled that require consent
- Date and time when the student made his/her requests for courses
Click on any line from the table to get to a list of Classes for a given student.
The table ends with a line of totals for number of students, student enrollments, wait listed student requests, reservations, and required consents.
- Apply the search criteria from the Filter